Monday, February 18, 2013

Measurement Humor

My students may go home and talk about MARY and RIC who aren't members of the class that knows each other and all 25 students very well, some of which have been in the same class since prek.
They will be talking about our new friends of the measurement system.... custoMARY and metRIC.
They are still undergoing "surgery" as I say and are an ongoing process but here are brief pictures from the beginning.

The baseball diamond will soon be on metRIC's stomach.
It stands for
King--kilo
Henry-- hecta
Drank-- deca
Base-- m, L, g
dark-- deci
chocolate-- centi
milk-- milli

I also told my students that getting to 3 (3rd base) is bigger than 1 (1st base) so Kilo is the biggest and goes to milli the smallest.

Here are some updated pictures...







The feet are 1 foot each and the legs are each 1 yard. I have thought about toes at an inch....

No comments:

Post a Comment