Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Vacation In the classroom

This glacier ice is not from Ruth's glacier but rather from another glacier we viewed after a boat ride from Seward out to resurrection bay which is in the Kenai Pennisula. Glacier Pictured below 
Ruth's glacier is below
I am currently on a FABULOUS trip in Alaska and have been thinking about science and teaching about 50% of the time! So many things tourist guides have told me, multiple Alaska children's books, and beautiful pictures and videos I have captured can be used in the science classroom. I am in heaven for many reasons! I have decided that I want to visit every biome possible and take pictures because it will be so fun to teach about the tundra and glaciers considering I have now not only touched glacier ice but landed on a glacier in a plane! 
This is a picture of the plane we rode around Mt McKinley (the first picture below) and eventually landed on Ruth's glacier(the picture above).

No comments:

Post a Comment