Monday, July 15, 2013

The popular "Carol never wore her safety goggles" poster 2.0 (YOLO version)

Safety is the first thing that I must teach and instill in my students other than procedures when it comes to a science classroom that readily uses a lab. I have on many levels connected with my current students generation when it comes to social media, viral YouTube videos, television shows, and musical entertainment. I found this picture and couldn't help but put this on my website and eventually as a poster in my classroom.


As I found this I was searching for safety activities that are hands on and entertaining to students. Although, I taught safety last year it was most likely the least liked unit by the students and myself. I would LOVE input on how you teach lab safety in fun and exciting ways in your upper elementary/middle school classrooms.

Until another idea pops into my head,
Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment