Monday, July 15, 2013

Twitter in the classroom

So I have decided that since I'm doing fifth and sixth science next year (meaning I will have my last years fifth graders again in which I have built a strong relationship with many of them) that I want to incorporate more ways for my kiddos to contact me (other than school email... something they use more of.... meaning social media!) or message me with their opinions and ideas or just their kind words (hopefully haha).

I've created a "teacher" twitter account that I plan on using for reminders for homework, exciting things in the classroom, retweets of scientific knowledge, and school reminders as well. This will also be a great way for parents to see upcoming tests, homework, and activities too if their child never brings home the weekly newsletter. 

I've decided on a vague twitter "handle" as they call them because being in a small district I could become a math, reading, social studies, second grade, fourth grade, heck even HS with the proper previous testing in the future. I also decided that one day my last name/email for which ever district I work in may change so I decided on @TeachOpenMinded which also goes along with my philosophy and this blog name. Consistency seems to help with many things in life.

If you are new to the twitter vocab here is a great resource THE TWITTER GLOSSARY!

No comments:

Post a Comment