Thursday, August 9, 2012

FREE and ALMOST free it is so cheap crafts for your classroom!

I am so excited to share with y'all today my bathroom passes and a name display I made for a friend for her new classroom. Michael's has their scrapbook paper on sale 6 for $1!
I found some really cute teacher-y paper!

NAME DISPLAY
Step 1
Find recycle boxes from your pantry or old spiral covers that you don't need anymore. I like to use these materials because it isn't too thick or tough to cut smoothly but thick enough that it is easy to trace and stiff enough with scrapbook paper on top.
Step 2
Draw your letters or trace if you want onto the cardboard.
Step 3
Cut your letters out.
Step 4
Now trace cardboard letters onto scrapbook paper.








Step 5
Cut out scrapbook paper and make sure that you add some paper at the end that can be folded over onto the cardboard and glued.
Step 6
Once you have the scrapbook paper cut out with the folded extension you can glue it onto the cardboard.
Step 7
I suggest you laminate it! That way it last longer and then maybe string it with some ribbon.

Now you can make a beautiful display of your name or anything else for your classroom for under $1. : )







BATHROOM PASSES
I found better homes paint chips at Walmart that have holes! I thought how perfect these could be for bathroom passes. I quickly grabbed a pink and a blue.
Then I decided to write on them and decorate them corresponding to the gender of course. On the back was a bunch of writing that I covered up with a cartoon boy on the blue and a cartoon girl on the pink. That way kids of all ages rather they recognize the words boy and girl or can connect the colors to their gender there is a visual as well. Finished product pictures coming soon! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment