Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Reading

I was giving a reading training to Primrose, a private preschool I work at in the summer, and decided to take up the full hour I would do an activity with the teachers. I got a great idea from a fellow teacher to do a Ziploc bag book which can be used for all ages. As a group we made a "My Body" book I found on google (where children use pictures of themselves to help them learn body parts such as foot, hand, mouth, ear, nose, etc.) and I decided we could also do a "My Fruits" book that would be great for early preschool ages. I then created my own version that would be great for a Pre-K class or a Kinder class. This ABC Ziploc bag book creates a great opportunity for the students to take home their given letter from the alphabet and find an item to place in the bag to bring back the next day to share with the class. Then you can create a class ABC book! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment